Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good Ride/Rough Ride

Mark and I headed out to Indian Creek tonight to get some trail miles in, I had just got my new Armadillo tires put on and wanted to get some riding on them. We started out at the 510 parking lot and headed North, we saw another guy riding that we didn't recognize so we talked to him and he is from Kirksville. He said this was the second time he had made the trip over because their trails were in such bad shape, I remember Coach mentioning how bad of shape those trails were in also. Things were going great, I was riding well and feeling great and I was only about50-60 yds from getting to the service road when I heard a loud "POP" and my cranks spun through, I knew exactly what had happened but looked to make sure. Sure enough, I had broke my hanger. That makes 4 hangers that I have broken now, it is frustrating but that is what they are designed to do. I didn't see exactly what I pulled into the chain but I'm sure it was a stick of some sort. After that my cable tension was all jacked up, I did some barrel adjustments and got it a lot better until a steep climb and I dropped my chain into my spokes. A few more adjustments and it still isn't perfect but better, I think I just need to take all the slack out of the cable and start over.

Even with the issues on the trail it was a great night to ride and was a lot of fun being out on the trail. The trails were in really good shape, super dry and super fast, that is until the rain moves in tonight.

No comments: