Sunday, September 11, 2011

An Expanding Nation

Okay so I am a sucker for documentaries about all natural foods vs processed foods and all the problems that are created from the latter of the two. Looking at the rising cost of health care in our nation is staggering, especially when the world is being structured on convinence which is just making health matters worse. I am very curious what percentage of our diets comes from processed foods which have little or no nutritional value whatsoever. I read a book a few years ago called "Sugar Blues" that really opened my eyes to just how bad sugar is for us. I did really well after reading that book on cutting down on my sugar intake but I have let it creep back in here and there, running a bakery makes it tough to stay away from sugar (actually even if I didn't work there it might still be tough). Another eye opening occurrence is how select countries that still live on mostly plant based diets and some fish do not have an obesity problem, and the health of those countries is for better than ours. I have been thinking about putting myself through a challenge but I am not sure if I can handle it, but I'm thinking if I only consumed an all natural primarily plant based diet for 30 or maybe 60 days what difference would I noticed in my body, mood, and emotions. This would be a detoxification process that could be tough at the start but I hope would be easier as time goes on. Now I haven't decided to pull the trigger on this yet but I will let you know if I do.

Hammer On!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently found myself a week out from my next payday with just over 20 bucks for gas and food. Ushered in was a diet of ramen and blackeyed peas. I was surprised after just a few days how good I was feeling on the bike -- lots in the gas tank (though I'm not sure anyone would want to be left in the jet steam behind me). I also switched to black coffee in the same time frame -- forgoing my usual 1/2 TBS sugar to each cup. Too much sugar and protein is reported to be pretty enflamatory, but all it would take is one good spark and I'm sure the same can be said for the aforementioned jet stream I've been trailing around.

Happy Trails. Distalamputee.