Tuesday, April 6, 2010

That Could Have Been Bad


I was getting myself all ready for the first official Monday night ride and since we were meeting at Royal Inn and having our GHTA meeting afterwards I loaded my bike up in the van. I was very fortunate that my bike was positioned just right and I just happened to see my back tire at the perfect angle and realized that my tire had a hernia.

I had to hurry to get my road bike out of the van and get my cross bike ready to go, I had everything switched out pretty quick and was on my way. I got to Royal Inn and Tim, Mark, and Brennan were there ready to ride. The three Lumberjacks had not gotten to ride together yet this year so we rolled out of town. In leaving the house in a hurry I had grabbed a cross tube but didn't put it in my jersey, instead I put a road tube since I had been planning on riding that bike. I didn't need a tube but I realized my mistake a short distance into the ride. The ride was windy, much like the rides I have been having lately. It sure was fun to ride in a group, I can't wait for more Monday nights!!!

1 comment:

thedawg28 said...

That would have caused some serious road rash!!!!