Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Recovery Day.....Yeah Right

After yesterdays kick ass ride I was sucking down water all afternoon and evening. I was fatigued all night but this morning I really wasn't sore, I was tired but not sore (got to love Hammer's Recoverite!!!). My plan was to take today off from riding, that thought lasted about 10 minutes and then I thought maybe a short ride to flush my legs.....that just turned out to be an excuse to get out and hammer in the wind.

Molly, Jonas, and I went and hiked some trail early this afternoon, we didn't get all of our section hiked as Jonas was getting a bit tired so we returned home but still had a really good time. On a trail note, the section of trail we walked today looked really good and is drying out nicely. A lot of it would be rideable without leaving a mark, some spots were a touch soft and the low lying areas obviously were still really wet.

After returning home and after the two older kids got home from school I went out to ride the loop. I decided that since I had a long day yesterday I would ride North on A to take advantage of the tailwind and come back on Y to get any protection from trees and hills from the headwind. I have commented on this before and I will say it again, there are rough spots the direction that we usually ride the loop but going the opposite direction is much rougher in my opinion.....it isn't the worst road I have ridden on but it isn't too smooth. I did the whole trek South in my drops and was able to keep a fairly good average along that portion of the route. At the end of the ride I had a 20.1 avg, not too shabby for a solo effort. I had told Emma I would take her for a ride when I got home and she was sitting on her bike with her helmet on when I turned the corner toward the house. We went on a short ride and she had a blast. Her bike is too small and I plan to buy her a new one very soon.....very soon!!!

No comments: