Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Recovery+Rain=Uh.....Not Recovery

I went out yesterday for an easier paced ride, just to get my legs good and flushed out and for some miles. I checked the radar before I left and it showed rain was coming our way but of course I could still see a little blue sky so I left anyway. I went out 190 and headed up Y, as I rode I could see the rain to the West and looked like it was going NE and I could probably ride back on Y and be okay. I wasn't riding slow but I wasn't riding all out either and after I got to the top I quickly realized that the rain was moving more East than North and I had better get on my horse if I was going to stay ahead of it. The rain had an angle on me as far as getting back to 190, I got on it and let er rip and the last couple miles approaching 190 I was getting into the edge of the front. As I rode back on 190 I just got out of the sprinkles until I headed up the hill, once again the rain had an angle on me. After I crested the hill and made the turn I pulled just ahead of the moisture again. I got back into town and slowed my pace to allow my legs to loosen on the ride through town and the weather caught me again but I was almost home and it never really rained on me, just big sprinkles!!!

1 comment:

thedawg28 said...

Its all about the angles!!!!! LOL. I went out for a run last night when I finally got home from work at 8pm....it looked like it was going to storm the whole time.