Monday, July 19, 2010

Always A Bridesmaid (For Now)

Bridesmaid??? Yep I have not won a race.....yet. That's not to say that I am not proud of what I have achieved especially after some of the ass kickin's I have taken in some races. I was able to go to Eureka Springs this past weekend and race at the Fat Tire Festival, I have been there 3 years in a row now and I really like that course. I really need to work on my loose gravel downhill sections and some of the single track had a lot of gravel that took some getting use to. My technical riding has come a long way since I started riding and the section around the lake was a blast to ride. There is a ton of climbing on this course and that is were my hard work showed in my opinion, I was able to find my groove on the climbs (when I wasn't stuck behind someone) and pull away from some riders. I finished 2nd in the Cat II 30-39 out of 23 riders, I was very pleased with my results on the day.

Here is a pic of me giving James a pep talk before the race.....right. Actually he was giving me a pep talk, making sure I remembered the course....where to recover and where to really turn it on. Thanks James!!!


Here is James and Lyle just chillin out before the start, I think James told him his 29er was going to put the hurt on him and Lyle just said "Bring it on".


This a good pic of me and Denny taking off on the start, I finally got a good start position but the guy on my right kept coming into me which made for a rough 100 ft or so but I was able to finally get around him, besides we still had a lot of climbing to get out of town.


Here I am exiting the single track at the finish of the race, no I don't shave my chest along with my legs it is naturally hairless!!!


No the whole trail was not paved....trust me it was NOT paved!!! I am headed to the finish line and ready for my chocloate milk that has been buried in ice water during the race.


Denny on his way into the finish line. Denny came in 6th place in our class out of 23 riders.


Jonas (my 3 year old) actually took this picture. Can you tell I was trying to rehydrate??? It was hot!!!


At the awards ceremony getting my pint glass and watch, they only thing they didn't have was a podium. Between the Chillicothe riders and Lyle and Cathy we had really good results, (2) first place finishers, (2) second place finishers, and (1) sixth place finish...not too shabby.

No comments: