Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where Am I?

I keep checking this site and waiting for the author to write some more posts, wasn't sure what his deal was and then I realized....Oh Crap, I am the author. I have been a little distant in the biking world here lately, just needed to be off the bike a couple weeks and took the opportunity to pursue another hobby of mine for a week. No the other hobby is not eating although I mastered that as well and I am now paying for it, I am feeling FLUFFY!!! I ended up being off the bike almost 3 weeks and my first ride back was frustrating, I had no rhythm, legs, or lungs. I rode the next day in a powerhouse wind and it was brutal. Both rides started with lactic threshold and I really enjoyed the pain, I just wasn't used to it that early in the ride.

What would be ideal for me in 2011? A new 29er would be awesome but I am not going to hold my breath, it may happen but maybe not. I may put an upgrade or two on my Epic instead...or maybe not, just not sure yet. I really want a new bike but I have to be able to justify and afford it, but I keep telling myself it doesn't matter what bike I race on because I am not going to get beat by a bike. Whether I'm riding my Epic or a Huffy my bike will have the same engine. I know a guy that reminds me "It's all about the engine". I don't know if we want something bigger and better (usually something we don't need) because we are human, or if it's because we are Americans (shut up Mitch). I have a couple changes for my cross bike lined up to better prepare for the 2011 edition of the Dirty Kanza 200.

Molly and I will be married for 15 years next September so we are planning on taking a trip, we may take it in the spring or summer due to schedules. As far as racing I am not sure what 2011 will hold, I am planning on Dirty Kanza in June and I want to do at least one but hopefully two 24 solo races. Beyond that I just don't know yet, it is still early.

No comments: