Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Off Is On?

I know a lot of guys are still racing and their fitness is awesome right now but I am in my off season, I would rather be racing cross but work just isn't allowing it right now so I am doing what I have to do. I can't complain because I have done a lot of races this year...but I always want more. I went out and rode the loop today, it took me almost as long to get dressed for the ride as it did for the ride (and it wasn't real fast!!!). I wanted to make sure I was warm enough that the ride was enjoyable, I have done enough rides when the temp is anywhere from 10-25 degree's and I have gotten so cold that I hurt something fierce. I wasn't going to look at my computer to see what my avg was but as you can probably guess I ended up looking. The ride started out into the wind that was blowing out of the West/North West, it wasn't the strongest wind but it was still pretty stout. After being off the bike for nearly 3 weeks this was my 4th ride in 5 days and my legs were reminding of that as I was grinding into the wind. Taking into consideration the extra efforts this week, the wind, and the cooler weather I guess my avg wasn't too bad but I have to remember it isn't always about numbers. I am getting saddle time and burning calories, I can tell I am burning more calories because I am hungry all the time it seems. I was eating all the time while off the bike but I wasn't hungry...just bored, or maybe I am just used to eating all the time.

4 comments:

thedawg28 said...

Just ride your bike and have fun....the numbers are just numbers!

Green Hills Trail Association said...

Leave that computer at home. It's a ball & chain.

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

It's amazing how much you can depend on it's output. I guess a ball and chain is better than my balls in my chain!!!

Green Hills Trail Association said...

LOL. I thought that sound was a baseball card in your spokes!