Sunday, December 19, 2010

Somewhat Idle

I hate this time of year, with the shorter days and longer hours at work it makes it super tough to get a ride in. I will ride in just about any weather but sometimes weather plays a part in that role as well. I am trying to focus that frustration into goal oriented thoughts and future training plans but it's tough when there is so much good food around this time of year. Right now I feel like a dog on a chain when it comes to riding my bike, going for a ride and doing a training ride are totally different and I want a lot of training. It is super early but after a year of hardcore riding it is hard to not want to rip your legs off every chance you get.

I also hate that so many races have their regestration so early in the year, I understand they need to get the ball rolling and I totally respect that. I just don't like the fact that I won't know my schedule for sure serveral months out so it makes it tough to commit to some races. The biggest factor for me is I may have to go ahead and pay several hundred dollars in January to register for the races I want to get into and that can be taxing in itself. It's the way it is and I'll deal with it but I can still complain!!! I have not nailed down many races for next year for sure yet, the only one for sure I plan to do is Dirty Kanza, I will try to get back out to Indiana next fall to do that 24 hr again. I would like to do 24 hr of Wausua but it falls on inventory (for work) again so that would be super tough, but hey I might not be working there when that race rolls around. I had some early thoughts about trying to qualify and race at Nationals in Idaho, that would be an experience that I would love but I'm not sure that will happen this go around and that is okay.

I don't know exactly yet but I will probably have a different look next season, I won't give any details until I have decided for sure. No this change doesn't involve a change from 26" to 29" (Although I haven't thrown in the towel on that one), I could really use 3 more inches..."I was in the pool"!!!

I figured I better post something on here since it had been awhile and the last thing was about my pup, who by the way is laying across my neck and chest as I type this.

No comments: