Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting Closer

It is a bit of a reality check to realize that the 2011 Dirty Kanza 200 is only 5 weeks away, and I have a feeling these next 5 weeks will go by rather quickly too. This has been a weird cycling year so far, lots of wind and quite a bit of rain which has lead to some shorter rides due to dangerous conditions and a lack of group rides. It is the same for most of us, we need to have decent weather on our days off of work to get a long ride in and there haven't been a lot of great weather days this year. I will say that I am really enjoying riding in the wind because it is good training and it is almost certain that we will encounter it at DK. I feel like I have a good base in but like I have stated before, I haven't got much interval training. That training usually comes with group rides and it just hasn't happened yet this year. Interval training isn't as important to me for DK because that race will be more about pace and perseverance but I am concerned about the lack of interval training for Lumberjack. When you really think about it my training for Lumberjack is complete at DK, because I will be in some serious recovery mode after DK. I say my Lumberjack training, that makes me smile because I haven't ridden much single track due to weather and I only have about 11 miles on my single speed this year!!! I'm not going to get worked up over that fact though.

No comments: