Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shoulder Update

Last night I was able to sleep the whole night without waking up in major pain, of course I got up at 2:45 so I really only slept half the night I guess. Sunday night was an agonizing night of sleep, I don't know how many times I woke up moaning and grimacing from the pain. Molly said I woke her up several times because I was whimpering in my sleep, if that doesn't make you feel like a man I don't know what will. Monday night was much of the same, the pain didn't wake me up as many times but it still kept me from getting a good nights sleep. Before I went to bed last night I put a large amount of Icy Hot on my shoulder (it was on fire) because it was causing more muscles to tighten up,this seemed to help quite a bit.

Today at work I was still being very careful with my left arm, and I wasn't having nearly the amount of sharp shooting pain episodes that I had been having. I could tell it is still very tight, the swelling has come down but it is still puffy. It is still very tender and my range of motion is very very limited, basically reaching back is not going to happen without a large amount of pain.

I don't think Molly was real pleased with me today because I decided I was going to ride my bike....twice. My body positioning on my road bike wasn't bothering my shoulder too much besides I need to keep it loose....right??? Okay maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to do today but I really wanted to ride and I got in some good miles today, not very fast but I'm okay with that.

No comments: