Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boys And Toys

I hate to say it but I haven't been getting the miles in that I am used to, I did go out and ride the loop tonight in the 42 degree temps (it really wasn't too bad). I have been wanting to get some 6 plus hr rides in to prepare for Berryman but it just hasn't happened, I'll still ride hard but I am just not where I want to be right now fitness wise. I have been spending some time off the bike trying to help Molly since she has been ill for almost 2 months now, hopefully since the scope yesterday we can get things totally figured out and get back to our lives. I have also been getting some things ready for my other passion, deer season. My two oldest kids have shown interest in going with me and my Dad, of course I won't let them carry a gun yet but they can still go and experience the hunt. My Dad, Brother, Sister-in-law, and myself went out and worked on deer stands Sun afternoon (I really wanted to ride but I knew time was running out for stand work) and we got 9 of the 10 stands at one farm completed and ready to go. I went out and shot my rifle today and checked 3 of the 9 stands at the other farm, actually there are only 2 stands left to check since my Dad has been working on them also. I would have liked to shot more rounds today but at a little over $2 a shot it really adds up.

No comments: