Sunday, October 4, 2009

Missed Racing This Weekend

There was some serious cross racing this weekend in Parkville and I had to miss it, turns out I make more money working than racing.....oh wait, I don't make any money racing. I sure hate missing out on the races, the experience gained is a huge thing to miss out on. Also in my opinion, racing is the best training, you can't always put out the same effort on the practice course as you can going head to head with dozens of competitors. No one out there to cheer you on like the races, (can you wait a minute, I need to ring my cowbell). There now I feel a little bit better, okay I really don't but there will be other days for me to race. The Berryman Epic is 3 weeks from today, I still haven't done much in the way of long rides to be top notch. I am not worried about the distance (55 miles) but I hate not being at my best for a race. I guess I can't be at my best for them all, I would just like to be at my best for at least one. I am looking at the Berryman Epic more as a fun race for me, I will be competing with mostly expert level riders so I can't expect to finish high in the rankings. Kind of like racing the Lumberjack, mostly expert riders except for the PRO RIDERS, I was just glad to make it farther along this year before the pros lapped me!!

2 comments:

thedawg28 said...

Keep writing Mitch...I like reading. We had a blast this weekend in Parkville, wish you could have come. I tried one more time...."so, how much air pressure are you running?" this time got a different response...."low, too low...needed to pump them up!!!" LOL...i'll keep trying.

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

I get a smile on my face everytime I think about the whole pressure thing!!