Thursday, June 24, 2010

Finding My Groove

Today was an ideal day to do a time trial except for the fact that I was exhausted from an early shift at work and hadn't properly fueled myself.....not that that is unusual. The temps were not real hot and the wind seemed fairly mild so I set out to ride the loop knowing in the past on days like this one that I could ride a 20.5+ avg. Heading out on old 190 proved to be a chore for me and I was already thinking that this might be another tough ride.....man, I have got to find my groove again. It felt like I was riding into a slight headwind but I don't believe I was. When I got out onto 190 and on the trip North on Hwy Y it felt like a headwind still but I kept looking at the tree tops and they were not moving at all....Marco.....I'll find it sooner or later. Once I got to the top I checked my avg and it was at 19.1 which was better than what it felt like I was riding, I continued over to Hwy A and headed South. I did have a very slight tailwind but I wasn't carrying a ton of speed, I was able to get the avg up to 19.8 once I hit 190 again. I rode solid through the bottoms and carried pretty good speed up the Grand Oaks hill but I was really starting to feel the burn at the top and started to fade when a good song came through my ear buds.....I kicked up my cadence and found my groove!!! I think we all know that feeling of suffering but you know you are doing things right and you are loving the pain you are in, I was finally in that mode cresting the hill and cranking back towards town. I only wish I had got into that rhythm earlier in the ride but it was still a really productive ride. I ended up with a 20.4 avg on the loop which for a solo effort is not too bad right now.....I'm feeling the effects of my ride right now and I'm loving it!!!

1 comment:

thedawg28 said...

Good Job Mitch...you are riding real strong right now. I passed you as I was headed out to IC...I didnt think it was going to be dry but was going to find out. Dry as a bone....got in 10 laps on the campground loop. Im starting to get back!!!