Friday, June 25, 2010

What A Jerk!!!

I slipped back out tonight for another road ride, I was able to get in 35 miles and that sometimes "Jerk Off" friend of mine, the wind, gave me some punishment. I started out on the loop but after climbing to the top I stayed on Hwy A over to Hwy U and then made the turn South back to 190. It doesn't take much of a wind at all to get a heck of a workout on Hwy U, I rode in my drops most of the time and still felt like I was barely moving and by the time I got back to 190 to ride out the end of the 190 Alps my legs were pretty blown. As the wind was hitting me I could hear her whispering in my ear: "Where have you been?" "Trying to avoid me?". I started screaming absurd, almost lunatic comments: "I had detention" "I had to clean my room" "I wet my pants". Absurd comments.....well the first two weren't true, and that last comment can stay between you, me and the Internet!!!

Actually I have gotten in quite a few windy rides this spring and they have served me well but today was a bit of a struggle. I did ride hard yesterday but I thought I could carry a better avg than I did tonight, I dropped to a 19.0 on the last climb coming back into town. I know there are some positives in that ride somewhere, if nothing else it was better than not riding at all.

No comments: