Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1 Day + 2 Rides = Big Smiles

Doug and I went out on a road ride this morning, we took Hwy 36 over to Wheeling and then headed North on B to BB. Jumped on KK and then over to K and on into Chula and then took V back to Chillicothe. We took turns pulling and was carrying a pretty good pace but we ended up backing off of it a bit. I had a flat South of Chula but it was a quick fix and then back to the grind. I had a little over 41 miles at the point and was ready to eat something. Molly, Jonas, and I went to El Toro's and I had a 1/2 order of Nacho Supreme (as far as I am concerned there is nothing else on their menu) and it was awesome. We went back home and I rested around the house for a couple hours and then suited back up and went and rode the loop. I was feeling the burn rather quickly but was feeling pretty good, I didn't really push very hard as I didn't want to bonk. Although during the ride I was thinking about how I will need to bonk during a couple training rides this year to help with my overall training, it has paid off in the past. When I got home I was at 65 plus miles for the day and avg 19.3 for those miles (I didn't reset my computer between rides), I know I had some rest in there too but still not too bad. I am feeling the effects of the ride tonight!!!

No comments: