Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Laws Of Geometry

I have a ton of miles on my road bike vs. my cross bike, they both feel good in their own different way. When I am on my road bike I know how and where to shift my body to power up a climb and it just feels right. When I ride my cross bike on the road I shift into that position and it is totally different. I understand why with the different geometry of the bike but it can be frustrating to have a lack of power when you are really looking for it. Now on the other hand, when I ride my cross bike on gravel or off road it has that "race" feel to it. Depending on the vocabulary you want to use I think my cross bike is "more responsive" than my road bike, or some might say it is "less forgiving". Again, I know this all goes back to the geometry of the design. Maybe teachers should teach a "Cyclocross Theorem" and a "Road Theorem" to students today.....maybe to me!!!

No comments: