Sunday, August 1, 2010

Still Rollin'

Last Saturday was the gravel grinder and I had a great ride, Monday I was concerned that I wouldn't have anything but I was very pleased with the ride. I will say that my legs were very fatigued and the lactic acid built up faster than normal but I was still able to generate power. Tuesday I worked for 8 hours at Crowder and was sweating my tail off......seriously, I can't find my tail anywhere. I drank over a gallon of water just while working and I don't know how much afterwards so I'm sure that day took it's toll on me. Wednesday I rode and felt like crap while riding, just felt weak and seemed to have no power. I went back out to Crowder Saturday after work and got in 4 more hours of trail prep, trails are starting to look good, and it wasn't as hot so that was nice. I went out this afternoon and got 47+ miles in, it started with a 20 mile ride heading South into the wind and I really wasn't enjoying that. A lot of times I like a windy ride because I know the benefit far out weighs the temporary discomfort but today I felt weak again and couldn't seem to find a rhythm. I took 65 South and jumped on Z and went to the second C blacktop and headed West and rode over to F Hwy and turned back North. Once I got to Dawn I headed back East to get back on Z and head North back home. That ride with the hills and the wind can make for a challenging ride for sure. I only avg 19.2 so I wasn't real pleased with that but I was riding and not sitting at home so there is a positive in there!!!

No comments: