Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Hmmm, what should I eat??? Oh what's that, I should eat everything? Okay!!!

The Monday night ride was a leg burner on the way up and again for about the last third of the return trip home. I was pleased this morning when I got up and my legs were not shot, they were fatigued but it wasn't painful. Last night was my last hard effort before the 24 hr race which is less than 2 weeks away, I will still do some riding but basically to keep my legs loose and to keep the calluses on my ass intact. A few days after RIM I peeled enough dead skin off my ass to make a 2 ft snake blush. It wasn't so awkward using a mirror for this, it was more awkward that I was using the mirror outside the fitting room at Wal Mart!!!

I have been eating quite a few calories this past week but from now until the race it is time to really load up on the carbs. I just ate a bowl of egg noodles mixed in mashed potatoes....oh so good. I'll being eating dinner before too long, yes the potatoes and noodles were just a snack. Last night Molly grilled burgers so I had a couple of those with some mac n cheese and then finished it up with my peanut butter and Mr. Goodbar sandwich....man that's a good sandwich. I had a couple of these sandwiches at Lumberjack and Tim was in for a surprise when he almost ate one of my tasty treats.....I don't think he thought looked too tasty (of course it had been sitting out ALL DAY, at least it wasn't a tin of bubbling sardines!!!).

1 comment:

thedawg28 said...

I had the opportunity to eat my dinner last night at 10pm.....15 minutes after I got off work!!!!
You should sign up for Twitter then tag it too your blog, that way Molly can send updates at the race via text message!!!