Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's A Challenge

Well the GHTA Challenge is underway and I have signed up for 4 categories: 2000 Road Miles, 1000 Gravel Miles, 300 Singletrack Miles, and 300 Single Speed Singletrack Miles. I was a little hesitant to sign up for the gravel category, even though I race the Dirty Kanza I still don't ride a lot of gravel. It isn't that I don't enjoy gravel I just seem to find myself climbing onto my road bike, in fact I was somewhat concerned last year before DK because I didn't have very many miles on my cross bike.

I still want to ride my bike everyday but of course that isn't always possible but I have to be smart about it also. My plan was to ride a moderate amount yesterday and then get in a long ride today, I rode just shy of 35 miles yesterday so today would need to be bigger. I raced fon New Years Eve and then on New Years Day I took my mountain bike up to N. Poosey and did a lap plus some extra gravel and my legs hadn't felt fatigued from the race until I hit the first climb.....Son Of A #$%#$, I can feel it now!!! The next day I went on a road ride and made it short because my legs were exhausted and the strong wind was not helping them out at all. Yesterday my legs felt okay, not great but okay, but they are pretty fatigued this morning. That isn't my big issue, I am having a little bit of a hard time breathing and my nose is congested so I am toying with the idea of not riding and trying to get some rest. But then I feel like a pansy and usually end up riding anyway....I don't know what to do!!! I have a project I am working on at home right now so I will probably continue on it and see how I feel later this morning or this afternoon. The rest of the week I probably won't get much riding in due to work schedule so really want some miles today. I'm sure that anyone that decides to read this will be thinking "What is wrong with this guy?". Jury's still out on that one!!!

No comments: