Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snow Much Fun!!!

Well today was the day, I finally got to get back out and ride my bike and it was great. It wasn't an interval training day or a speed workout but it was some quality time in the saddle. Today was more about just riding and having fun, well trying to ride some of the time. The snow made for some challenges but for the most part wasn't too bad.



I opted to ride my single speed today because I thought the idea of constant pressure on the pedal was good particularly during climbs, of course after getting up to a certain speed the pressure was gone and it was a spinfest!!! Plus I have some knobby Kenda Nevegal's on my single speed and that was a great tire choice today. I had a 32 x 20 gear ratio set up but changed it out to a 32 x 18 and early on I was wishing I had a 16 or 17 tooth rear cog but it didn't take long for me to realized that for today at least an 18 tooth cog was perfect. Like I said it wasn't a fast ride but it was a great time.



I did get to wear some of my new gear today, I was very impressed with my new thermal jacket and it was so warm.



Fairly early in the ride I was cruising along just listening to my music and all of a sudden a dog was on my wheel (still didn't see it yet) and started barking at me. Well Peek A Boo it scared the crap out of me, I swerved all over the road. I told Molly that if anyone was looking out their window at that point then they got a good chuckle from that one. Had a couple other dogs come out toward me today, Mark I'm still not sure how that bacon in my rear pocket is suppose to keep them away but I will keep doing it since you said so.

I did get in a little over 21 miles of sliding/riding and it was a lot of fun. I would have like to stayed out a little longer but I needed to get back home, I finished my workout when I got home by shoveling the driveway and sidewalk....again!!!