Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stupid Waffles

Okay okay, I went out and rode trails today and I was starving when I got home. I ate a banana and drank some water but made the kids (myself included) some waffles for dinner and let's just say I like waffles. Probably should go out and ride some more now!!!

Riding today was great, even though it was cold outside and fairly windy in the open areas I stayed really pretty warm and was out of the wind on most sections of trail. I started at the campground and did one lap for a warm up and then did an out and back and finished with the campground loop. Then I rode over to the boat ramp lot and back a couple times to get some more miles in. Obviously the trail was frozen and was like a speedway. On the trip North I came flying down "False Hope" and actually was going so fast I shot thru one of my lines, part way down a rock bounced up and smacked my big chain ring with enough force to rattle the bike. Once I got to the bottom I checked it out and it had broken 2 teeth off and bent one over, I need to try and bend it back a little but I'm sure it will snap off. Not sure what I will do with that, I will need to ride some with it to see how it functions. I guess worst case is I will just put a new big ring on...but I don't want to have to do that.

If anyone needs some confidence on taking turns with speed I would highly recommend doing it with trail conditions like it was today. With the trail frozen solid, a tire with any kind of side knob is going to bite on a turn. I couldn't believe how responsive my tires were on the trail today and I was running a low profile knob.

I'll have more to report....but later.

No comments: