Thursday, May 26, 2011

Are You Serious?

I'm dealing with a bit of a scratchy throat and a slight cough right now, it's never a good time to deal with that especially with a big race coming up. I am doing what I can to take care of it although I did go out and ride my bike today, I have to remind my legs they are on "light" duty and not "off" duty!!! Anyway the not feeling quite 100% isn't the reason for this post, it is just leading up to it.

I don't take a lot of medicine, I'm not opposed to taking it but it seems that too often there are more natural ways to get healthy. Last night I was really wanting something to soothe my throat so I went looking through our medicine cabinet and the only cough syrup we had was "Children's" cough syrup. I figured if it was good enough for them it would have to be of some benefit to me. I started reading the back of the bottle (since there wasn't any pictures to look at) and one of the things it said was "Avoid alcoholic beverages"....are you serious? This is medicine for kids. I can just picture it now, "Sorry son I'm going have to cut you off at that 6 pack because it's time for you to take your cough medicine".

1 comment:

thedawg28 said...

Now your talking my language! LOL.