Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finally

I finally got to get in a high intensity ride last night, it wasn't the biggest leg ripper ever but it was pretty good and just what I needed. The group ride went to Chula and James led the way out of town and he gradually built up the pace so it was nice that we didn't just start hammering. I was panting pretty good early and continued to do so most of the way up.

The ride back started the same way, nice steady pace that gradually built until we were pushing pretty hard but not too hard and then the stretch back to town was much faster (or at least it seemed faster). I was trying to be fairly aggressive on hills, not because I was wanting to drop anyone but I was wanting to get some good climbing intervals in. I had to tuck back in on the final descent as I was hurting pretty good, I did have enough left to attack the last climb and when we got over the bridge I was officially spent. James, Denny, and myself made it to the street just over the bridge first and we stopped to wait on the rest of the group. You know it was a pretty good effort because all three of us were shaking in at least one place on our bodies. My hands and legs were trembling but it was a good feeling, the noodles I had ate prior that were trying to work their way back up was not a good feeling!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty laid back recovery ride I thought.

Anonymous said...

That was me that said that. James

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

Recovery??? When I grow up I want to be like James, ripping peoples legs off and smiling about it!!!