Monday, February 1, 2010

Bite Update

As it turns out, the dog that bit my was not up to date on it's shots. The owners of the dog lied to the Deputy telling him that the dog was current, the case was sent to the Health Dept and they checked on the claimed vaccinations and found none. Then the owners were contacted and told that the dog must be impounded for a period of 10 days and then could have a rabies shot, the owners said that the dog had an appointment today to get it's shots. The Health Dept said that the dog could not have the shots until after the 10 day period and on a hunch contacted the area vets and there was no appointment made....interesting. I was contacted by the Health Dept today and given the above information and it was highly recommended that I receive a tetanus shot, I have had one in the past 10 years but she said with a bite I would have needed to have it in the last 5 years. I went and got the shot, I didn't even feel the needle or the injection, but about 30 seconds later.....I could feel it...........as a matter of a fact I can still feel it!!!

2 comments:

thedawg28 said...

I hope the hell things get better for you....cuz you have had a very rough past few months!!! At least we have a new nickname for you.

"DogBite" Bernzie

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

I guess I shouldn't use bacon as leg warmers!!!