Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Living 90/10

I recently got an email that sparked my interests, I get a lot of emails that are forwarded to me that I give little or no attention to depending on the subject. This particular one was about attitude and how a person lives their life, it suggested that we all live our lives 90/10 but how we live our 90 is what determines our attitude and happiness or lack there of. It stated that 10% of what happens to us we have absolutely no power over, it's how we handle the 10% that reflects the rest of our life. The remaining 90% is all our choice, if the 10% brings hardship we can choose to let it bring us down and we can stay down or we can deal with it and move on. I know that I let a lot of things bother me more than I should which reflects in other aspects of my life, I am trying to make a conscious decision to move past difficult things and not let them bother me like the used to. Things still bother me, I'm human, but I can change how I handle them. I have been so frustrated that I haven't been able to train very much due to injury but the injury happened and there is nothing I can do to change it. Stressing over it won't make it better, in fact it will probably prolong things. Good news is that I am having less and less pain, I actually tried some core work this week. I may not be where I wanted to be as far as fitness goes but it is what it is.

I got to go, I need to find Denny some mouse traps!!!

2 comments:

Green Hills Trail Association said...

You know, that's why I don't hurry anymore. They say the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

Would that be head cheese?