Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Disappointed Chuck

Well I didn't exactly have the ride I was hoping for on Saturday, in fact I really didn't enjoy riding much at all. I had worked on Friday and went home and ate and finally laid down and slept for 2.5-3 hrs and got up at 11:45 p.m. and was back at the store at midnight. I worked until about 8:30 and then went home and changed and headed for Jamesport. I was pleased to see so many people there to ride when the conditions were not prime, I know that Coach was super pleased with the turn out. I was excited about the lack of sleep and the opportunity to ride since I am doing some ultra endurance events again this year and training while the body is lacking I think will pay off, that is if I actually ride. Some might disagree but I was wishing I had my mountain bike instead of my cross bike before we ever left the parking lot, I was really wishing I had it while out on the course. I found it hard to ride my bike while wearing heels and a skirt, it didn't show Saturday but I know I have balls because the Doctor had them in his hand the other day.....too much?

I was easily frustrated Saturday which did not help my performance, I never did really get tired because I never could carry much speed. I rode with Damon the whole day and we rode with Raymond through most of the aggie flats. That was the best part of the day, getting to hang out with those guys. I need to be more like them, they are so laid back and easy going. I always want to ask Damon if he is okay when I see him because I swear it looks like he got stung in both legs by a huge ass bee, his legs are HUGE.

Damon had to cut the ride short due to his niece having a basketball game that he wanted to attend so I took my grumpy butt with him. We peeled off and headed East on Prairie, and we encountered a couple very nice climbs, and jumped onto 190 and then headed back North. I ended up with 37.5 miles which is better than nothing, I did sacrifice my Grand Chuck status but I will have plenty more riding opportunities to come.

No comments: