Friday, January 15, 2010

Cart Before The Horse????

I am figuring out the hard way that some injuries are not as easy to bounce back from than others. Too many times I have had an injury and basically told myself to get up and keep going because the more I dwell on it the longer it will keep me down. Well I should have listened to my body more on this last episode, I'm not surprised that I reacted the way I did (it was the same approach as usual). I think that when I took the hit several things happened just right to put me in some serious pain and I tried to come back too soon. Now I am off my bike for a while (I can't stand it) but if I don't I will not heal the way I need to. My biggest concern is that I won't be nearly as ready for Hills of Hell as I should be but I am just going to use that as a training race, my goals aren't to win anything this year they are about testing my mind, and my body with ultra endurance events. I know that I will have to ride smart this year to stay healthy, I'm not usually a big risk taker but there are times that I will let it eat and I will have to be cautious not to get out of control. I think I have to get aggressive from time to time to keep my edge, if it's not an edge I guess it's just round.....been there, done that (that was about 80 lbs ago).

No comments: