Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ends?

Let me start of by saying that it will be a week tomorrow since my nice ice wipe out and my groin is still in some severe pain, I know the cold weather isn't helping but I tired of hurting.

Anyway this post is something that I have been kicking back and forth for quite awhile, and that is do I want to put bar ends on my mountain bikes. I'm pretty sure that I want to put them on my single speed, I do a lot more standing on that bike while climbing and it would be nice to have a different grip especially when doing a rowing motion with the upper body. I do some long rides on my full suspension bike and there are some areas that bar ends would be a nice break from just using the regular grips. I don't stand as much on that bike because I lose too much power due to the rear shock. I think there are some technical climbs that I would like to have the ends though.

Tim has a sweet pair of Ergon grips that look to be very comfortable on a long ride, I know he likes to do gravel grinders on his Niner. My concern, and I know his too when he bought them, is how they would feel in technical riding but I think he has gotten used to them.

I have to admit that while writing this post up I have been eating some of Molly's homemade chocolate chip cookies............stupid calories. I am not getting hardly any workouts in with my schedule and now this stupid injury and Molly likes to bake really good stuff. I think I need to have Coach make me start making weight certain days of the week so that I make sure not to eat too much, especially when I'm not getting in the workouts. We knew better than to not make weight in wrestling, it's all a matter of will power.........now where did I put that at? It's been a rough end of 2009, I am ready to get some training started for Chuckie's Challenge and then Hills of Hell, I feel like I am so far behind.

No comments: