Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's time to start a strong base.


First of all I saw that Hammer Nutrition has a new flavor of hammer gel out, it's called Montana Huckleberry. I know that when my Dad and I went bear hunting in Montana several years back we stayed at a small bed and breakfast and that gal used Huckleberry's in a lot of different things. It's funny, I don't remember what they taste like. I'll have to get a couple single serve gels and see if I like them before I commit to the jug, I prefer buying my gel in the 26 serving jug.
Well DK200 registration opened up last night at 11:00 p.m. and I was logged on right at 11:00 and already had my information set and ready to go. When I went to submit my info the system kicked me out saying I didn't have a USA cycling license number listed and needed to do so. I didn't have to have a license last year, I had planned on getting one this year but I just didn't realize I would need it for this. I opened a new page and went to the USA cycling site, I already had my information in their system but I just hadn't purchased a license. So I filled out the remainder of the information for purchasing a license and then jumped back over to the DK200 registration at www.bikereg.com (this process took maybe 5 minutes). By the time I had got back to DK there were over 50 people registered. That was pretty amazing because a few years back they only allowed 75 racers and it would take awhile to sell out. As it is with most events (well run events that is) the interest grew, and last year they raised the allowed riders to 100 and sold out in just 4 days. This year the total number of riders was raised to 150 and I saw that they actually had 160 registered riders (cause some don't show) and the event sold out in 12 hr 45 min. WOW, Jim Cummins and Joel Dyke should be very proud of the work that they have done. They would be the first to tell you that they don't do it on their own but they have taken on an enormous task with promoting this race and really done an outstanding job.
I finally got back on the trainer yesterday for an hour and paid the price today, the pain in my hip and upper leg was so severe today that I could hardly walk. I don't know what to do, I am getting so frustrated and honestly down right angry. I want to ride my bike so bad but tired of the pain. I don't mind some pain, aches, and being tired but there is something wrong here. I have to travel to Columbia tomorrow for work but I am off the next 2 days so I am hoping I can figure something out in that time frame.

No comments: