Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Like Pie

Well the gravel road ride was canceled for today so a group of us decided there was still an opportunity for pain so we met up and rode to Jamesport for a pie ride. All I heard was pie, I was so excited I almost forgot my bike. Doug, Denny, James, Tim, Jan, and myself headed out of town and the wind was out of the South East and of course was blowing North West...guess which direction we started out heading, of course it was North West. You know, it is almost difficult to enjoy a tailwind on the first part of a ride because you know how much of a headwind you are going to have on the way home. Well Mother Nature didn't let us down, if fact I think she was down right nasty to us in a couple spots.

Okay I am getting a little ahead of myself, the ride there was great. We had a constant moving pace line and it was a good time. I have to be honest that it was much better when we got there because it was time to eat some pie...did I mention pie earlier??? If not then we rode there to eat some pie. Being Amish myself I think makes the pie taste even better in Jamesport!!! When my Coconut Meringue slice showed up I'm not exactly sure what happened, the memory of it is a blur. It was hard to see my plate with my eyes rolled up in the back of my head, I did use The Force to keep Doug away from my pie (I'm not sure but I think he likes pie too). When my eyes rolled back out of my head I had to ask "What happened? Where am I?". Then the group informed me that it was time to ride back to Chillicothe, I asked them "Did I bring my bike???". They of course rolled their eyes and I heard one mumble to another one "Why did we bring him?" and he answered "I don't know, he just shows up". Okay not all of this is true, but I tell you there was pie!!!

The trip home wasn't as much fun as the ride there but I know the reward of such efforts will be realized in the months to come. Continuing to get in base miles I hope will pay big dividends in June and July. I brought my camera with me today, I guess I took it for extra weight since I didn't use it.

1 comment:

thedawg28 said...

I think Coach finished off mine and James pie. Im starting to think he was going to lick the plate.
Awesome ride. It was just what I needed.