Sunday, February 6, 2011

What's Wrong With Some People?

I, like most people, like to find good deals. I am constantly looking for sales or particular items on ebay at a great price, it doesn't happen very often but there are items that seem to slip through the cracks. Some people don't know the best way to list an item on ebay so when doing a search I will use words that are close to the item but not the most popular terminology. I have gotten some real steals before but it is amazing what some people are willing to pay for an item.

Here recently I have been watching gift cards sell on ebay, many of them go for just under the face value of the card so the buyer saves a couple bucks. I figure if I can find a card to a retailer that I was going to shop already and can save roughly 10% by purchasing a gift card then I would probably do it. As with any ebay item you have to really watch the shipping costs. I saw a card on there that had a face value of $135 and the auction was about to end and the bid was at $51.01 so it peaked my interest. I clicked on that item and checked the shipping, it was an impressive $124.99.....what the heck??? Of course it doesn't take a genius to see that the card that is worth $135 is being sold for $176, the buyer just lost $41 on this purchase. I just don't understand people sometimes. Another person was selling a Shell gas card that had a value of $100 and had a "Buy It Now" of $122. Who in their right mind would waste $22 on this purchase? I'm guessing they have it on there because someone will fall for it.

Anyway that's all I have to say right now, well it really isn't but some things are better left unsaid.

No comments: