Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's A Win Win

I have to admit that I don't usually ride a lot of gravel roads (if I can't ride trail I usually am road riding), the main reason I have been doing more this year is because of the Green Hills Challenge. I find myself either riding pretty strong on some rides and then just getting saddle time on others, both have their benefits. The faster pace rides are when I am riding roads that I know but there is just something about going out on an adventure and finding roads that you personally have not ridden. I find myself not riding as fast on the adventure rides but they are so much fun to just get out and explore, besides I can ride them again later at a faster pace. I have to get an updated map though, I have already posted about one ride that had some unexpected areas. The other day my map failed me again, I was riding along and the gravel turned into pea size gravel and then into grass but I just kept riding. I saw a levee up ahead so I rode to it and saw a sign that said "Bridge Out". I thought I might be able to get across the creek and keep exploring....well I was wrong so I had to turn around and find a new route. It was a lot of fun, although I was waiting for a truck or something to track me down wanting to know why I was on their property!!!

No comments: