Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Casual Ride

At Hy-Vee we are contracted with a company out of Des Moines that works on our refrigeration equipment and some other areas of the store. A year or so ago one of the guys that calls on our store heard me talking about biking and he asked me if I rode. I told him I did and he said he did a little riding so we talk every time he is in the store. For a while now I have been telling him that he needs to bring his bike down with him when he comes and we can go ride, of course I never know when he is going to be there. Well today he showed up at the store for a service call and I was eager to talk to him because he rode Cirrem this past weekend and I was wanting to know how he liked it. That was his biggest ride to date and with the winter weather conditions it was a great accomplishment. We talked about Cirrem for a couple minutes and then he said he had his cross bike in the van. I said "Seriously?", and he said yep, what time can you get out of here? I told him probably not til 4:00 and he said that would be perfect. I left just before 4:00 and went home and changed my clothes and got my bike and then we took off and rode the loop. We didn't ride very hard, we did ride a few stretches at a good pace but then we backed it off and talked for most of the ride. It was a really good time, I told him that if he is in town the summer on a Monday night then we will have a ride for him for sure. He said that sounded like fun.

No comments: