Sunday, March 13, 2011

This Is Making Me Hungry

Where is my training going? I feel good that I am getting in base miles but I am discouraged that I am not getting in many "Fast" miles. It is so tough to judge a lot of ride this time of year because it seems to be windy everyday. Don't get me wrong I love the wind, it can be your best training partner. In fact it is great training for the DK because wind is something you can pretty much count on in that race, better be ready for it.

Yesterday I had to cut my ride short due to time constraints but I was glad to get some riding in. Today was my 6t straight day of riding (although I don't feel like I am making much progress) and I cut it short again today. My legs were really feeling the fatigue from the start and the wind wasn't helping matters at all. The reason I decided to cut the ride short is I think my legs need a bit of rest, I think too many times we push too often and don't let ourselves really recover correctly. I still got a few miles in today but I didn't push very hard. I'm sure I need the rest but the racer in me is screaming cuss words at me right now. I am talking about rest but if I get the chance to ride tomorrow you can bet I will be back at it again.

I also think the lack of trail riding is affecting my speed of road riding right now, the more trail riding I do the faster I road ride. I'm trying not to get discouraged with where I am at right now, it is what it is. I will say that I am getting hungry to ride more and really ready for some group interval training. These base miles will pay off!!!

3 comments:

thedawg28 said...

You will be right when the time comes, you always are. I had a great 2 days of riding here in Virginia. Got in a 20 mile road ride yesterday with nasty climbing and 35mph wind...not fun. The trails dried out today and hit some trails within 10 mins of Megans house. 20 miles with 3500ft of climbing....I had a blast. Now im drinking beers. Planning on same tomorrow!

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

Ouch 35+ mph, probably hard to hold a line in that.

Holy cow that's some climbing there, I'm so glad you are getting in some good riding. I can't wait to ride some trails!!!

thedawg28 said...

Coach emailed me and said that the new extension got approved. He's headed to North Carolina this week and I 'll be back about the same time........then its on!