Monday, March 14, 2011

Saddle Up Partner!!!

Okay I have pretty much been riding by myself all year so far which is fine because I do a lot of endurance racing and I am out there by myself for several hours but training solo doesn't do nearly as much as interval training with a group of other riders (even if it's just one other person). I have an area I plan to train on whether I am riding with someone or just do this by myself but it is some good climbing and I plan to do so on my single speed to build up my legs for Lumberjack.

I have no idea what I weigh, I have been feeling pretty skinny until today (I only ate 2.5 dinners tonight so I'm not sure why I feel this way!!!). I'm not worried about it though because I know I have a lot of riding yet to come and my weight will take care of itself, as long as I don't let it get out of control.

I hope I am not falling off the back of the pack early in the year, if I do I will just have to work that much harder and I know I can. I sure am ready for Monday night rides to begin, even if we don't go real hard the first week or two it will be good to ride in a group (I am all over the road right now, probably should pedal with both eyes open).

2 comments:

thedawg28 said...

Im ready to get home to some of the sufferfest. Im hoping that we can meet more than 1 night a week and ride. I need some serious training miles and someone to push me. I feel like I havent seen any of you guys forever!
It rained here yesterday so I didnt ride. I got in a great road ride today and hitting the dirt in the morning. The weather looks like I can get in mountain bike rides the rest of the time Im here.

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

Your going to be a climbing fool, just wait for us at the top!!! I got in 124 miles today and I am toast. It was pretty windy today, it was great as a tailwind but boy did it suck riding into it.